Thursday, April 21, 2011

EN90/EM99 Grid Boundary Ops

December 17, 2010


KD8KSN/8 operated from the EN90/EM99 gridline on December 17, 2010. 30 QSOs were made on 5 different satellite passes (HO68, AO27, SO50). Weather conditions were tolerable (snowy/windy) and the temperatures were in the mid-upper 20s with about 2" of snow on the ground. There was very little traffic on this road, mainly just farmers and hunters. I did have one farmer stop to ask what I was doing. He said he thought I was tracking animals. It is always interesting hearing what the general public thinks you are doing!

Since these are semi-rare grids, I decided to QSL everyone in the log. Cards were mailed on 12/29 and 12/30. If you do not receive your card within 1-2 weeks of the above date, send me an email and I will resend it. You can see a sample of the QSL card above.

No comments:

Post a Comment